Tuesday, January 11, 2005

CCA Captain Series


A tribute to our ex-soccer captain 2002-2004, Alfi Shahzmeer.

My name Muhammad Alfi Shahzmeer.... 17 .... Ex-WSSS School Soccer Captain I have been playing for Jurong Football Club Playing for the club for the past 2 years. Almost gets into the Singapore Under-18 team in 2003 to represent Singapore in the tournament in China but due to my N-level commitments I decided to place my studies first.

In the second year playing for the Club I was appointed as Vice-Captain. I play goalkeeper in the team but I am also equally comfortable in any outfield position. Now trying to concentrate on the defensive and midfield positions.

Those who have played together with me will know my style of play. I'm a hard type of person who goes for the ball 100%. Very much like Roy Keane whose style of play I have admired for a very long time. Ball winning skills, drive, determination and late runs into the box to score vital goals have made me an irreplaceable figure in the team's midfield.


I should thank my school soccer coach, Mr Sukardi for giving me the opportunity to lead the school soccer team. Also not to forgetting the 3 teachers in-charge of soccer Mr Billy Yu, Mr Hisham and Mr Raj Kumar. Without their support I wouldn’t have been exposed to the various positions on the field. Not forgetting special thank to the team I have played with since 2002-2004. Without my teammates and their team spirit, we would not have become a great team. As a school soccer captain, I never failed to encourage my players to play even if they made any mistakes.

Now my dream is to play for the Singapore National Team.

Special thanks to Mr Rudie Asmara for giving me this opportunity to write about myself.... I also want to specially thank my principal Mr Harphal Singh for giving the soccer team a chance to be formed in 2002 even though the school was only founded in 2001 then....

To all my friends and people who know me, thank you for all your support.

I really appreciate it ....... THANKS GUYS....... :-)


Muhammad Alfi Shahzmeer

Jersey no 1, 16...


PS - West Spring wishes you all the best. Make us proud. We'll wait for your National debut. No dream is out of reach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home